As I reflect over 2013, it has truly been full of trials and triumphs. Last year seemed to be a year of blessing, but this year things went a little deeper. I can see that the Lord has been moving, and it’s exciting, making me eager to see what He has in store for the future.
There are so many things to celebrate and be thankful for. Some of them (in no particular order):
- Gabriel learned to communicate and speak, and is starting to catch up developmentally
- Michael began experience sharing for the first time and is finally starting to emotionally relate to his family
- Nate got a raise that was promised to him for three years at his job
- I learned a lot about my health this year and made steps towards improvement, including getting rid of depression
- I’m adjusting to running a house with three kids
- Most importantly, my relationship with God went deeper than it ever has before
Each of these triumphs didn’t just happen. They were born out of struggle, hard work, tears, and prayer, and for that they are all the more appreciated. I feel like for the first time in years I’m maturing in my faith, and all the credit and glory goes to God. He put the right people and right information into my life at the right times. He has been teaching me to pray and giving me words in season. I’m getting a taste of how sustaining faith can be, and it’s making me hungry for more.
I want to say thank you to God and to all of you, for encouraging me, praying for me, and walking beside me. I couldn’t ask for better friends or a better family. I pray that you too will see the hand of God in your lives as you look over this past year, and may it fill you with hope and excitement for 2014.